The physical changes that your body passes as you are getting older also have a major impact on your sexuality. Reduced hormone levels and changes in neurological and circulatory functions can result in sexual problems examples of which include erectile dysfunction and or vaginal pain.
Presently, finding solutions to sexual problems is easier than ever. There are revolutionary drugs and professional sex therapists in the event that you need any of them. However, it can be possible for you to procure solutions to minor sexual problems by making a few changes to your lovemaking style. Below are the lists of things you can do at home.
- Educate yourself. There are many self-help materials for all kinds of sexual problems. Review the internet or local bookstore, select a few resources that apply to you, and use them to help you and your partner better understand the problem. In the event that you find it very difficult to talk directly, you and your partner can highlight the parts that you like and show each other.
- Make use of lubrication. Lubricating oils and gels can be used to correct vaginal dryness that begins during perimenopause. Use them freely for the purpose of preventing painful sex. This is a problem that can aggravate into flagging libido and increasing tension in a relationship. When the lubricant seems to be helpless, it is important to get in touch with your doctor in order to discuss other options.
- Keep physical affection. Irrespective of your present condition, maybe you are tired, tense or angry with the problem, initiating kissing and cuddling are essential to maintaining emotional and physical ties.
- Practice Touching. The technique used by sex therapist called “sensate focus” has been found to be helpful in restoring physical intimacy with no feeling of pressure. A lot of self-help books and educational videos provide variations on these exercises. There are some cases where you need to ask your partner to touch you in a manner of the way he/she would like to be touched. This will give you a better idea of the pressure, from mild to firm, you should use.
- Try different positions. Building a collection of different sexual positions not only increases interest in lovemaking but can also help overcome the problems. A typical example is the increased stimulation of G-spot that occurs when a man enters a partner from behind can help a woman reach an orgasm.
- Pen down your fantasies. This exercise has been found to be helpful in exploring the likely activities you think will be a turn-on for you and your partner. Try to imagine the experience or the movie that turns you on and then share your memories with your partner. This is especially useful for individuals with minimal desire.
- Try to relax. Before you and your partner should do something soothing, like playing a game or going out for a nice dinner. Or try relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or yoga exercises.
- Use a vibrator. A woman can make use of a vibrator in order to learn about her own sexual response and permit her to reveal to her partner what she likes.
- Do not give up. In the event that all the efforts you put together proved to be abortive, do not lose hope. The underline cause of your sexual problem can be determined by your doctor and he/she can be able to identify effective treatments. Your doctor can also connect you with a sex therapist that can help you explore problems that could interfere with the fulfillment of sexual life.